n general, Dubrow Group acts as your single point of contact for the construction project. You will meet with many of the professionals involved at different points, but Dubrow Group will coordinate those meetings.
We will coordinate with all the professionals involved and maintain a construction management system that provides a platform for collaboration among the team members. It also consolidates all of the project documents and tracks progress, issues/resolutions, timelines, and the budget. We will provide you with easy to understand reports to keep you in control of your project.
We can join your project at any point, but ideally, we should start our work at the very beginning, right after you make the decision to do a custom build. Dubrow Group performs a variety of services throughout the four stages of construction.
We start by assisting you in identifying the project requirements. Then, we work with you on site selection and feasibility studies where needed. We help you establish preliminary budgets, design objectives, and timelines. Then, we can make a recommendation about the project delivery method that will serve you best as early in the process as possible.
Choosing the project delivery method is a critical decision you’ll need to make before you start assembling a construction team. The delivery method will identify the contractual responsibilities for the professionals involved such as architects, designers, construction firms, and contractors.
It’s essential to make the right choice before the project begins. When you use the most beneficial delivery method, it can reduce risk and significantly improve the odds of your project achieving your goals for cost, quality, and timeframes.
To get things organized, we will set up an account for you on our construction management system. Then, we help you assemble the project team by handling the pre-qualification of vendors, and negotiating pricing and contractual terms. As the central point of communication for the team, we establish collaboration, communication, and workflow protocols that utilize the construction management system we provide.
To make sure the design meets your requirements, we monitor the design team’s progress to achieve two critical goals:
- Ensure that the design team communicates with the proper regulatory agencies to guarantee that the designs are in compliance.
- Ensure that the designs meet your overall project goals in terms of design, cost of construction, and timeliness.
We assist the design team with soliciting bids for construction and value engineering. We negotiate construction costs and work with the legal team to ensure that contracts cover all critical topics. In addition, we review the designs to look for potential cost savings. For example, there may be opportunities to use alternative construction methods or make small changes in design.
Dubrow Group focuses on five critical areas during the construction phase.
- Monitor construction progress. We monitor progress, facilitate communication within the team by coordinating team meetings, and regularly distribute a high-level project schedule to keep all team members up-to-date.
- Check on progress toward milestones. We work with the team members to ensure they are on track to achieve milestones and project requirements.
- Monitor the budget. We continually monitor the budget and reserves that have been set aside for unknowns and additional work. We review all applications for payment and change orders. As needed, we revise the budget based on forecasts.
- Coordinate owner meetings. We verify that samples and mockups are ready for you to review and approve, and schedule owner review meetings with the teams.
- Closeout preparation. We monitor the installation of furniture and fixtures, and make sure the house is prepared and cleaned prior to delivering the house to you.
During the closeout stage, we closeout all open administrative work, and gather all project closeout information such as warranties and service contracts. We’ll make sure that all the systems are working properly and monitor the completion of punch lists to ensure that contractors remain engaged to address the details that they must resolve at the end of the project.
Moving into a new house is just like driving a new car for the first time. We’ll train you on the use of all systems and ensure a smooth move-in. We’ll remain your central point of contact throughout the warranty period. Working with Dubrow Group as your Owner’s Representative will make building a custom home an enjoyable experience. You won’t need to take time away from your personal and professional lives to monitor the construction process closely. However, by reviewing reports we prepare and attending well-organized client update meetings, you’ll always be in control.